JUNIOR SKATE GUARD PROGRAM
The Junior Skate Guard Program is an internship for young boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 15 who are interested in learning more about holiday ice rink operations, assist the Skate Guards in keeping the facility safe on and off the ice, while having fun and being part of this wonderful holiday tradition.
• Boys and Girls must be between the ages of 12 and 15 years old.
• Must complete the Jr. Skate Guard application.
• Must have strong skating skills and pass assessment by management and our skate instructor.
• Must complete Jr. Skate Guard training.
• Must complete a minimum of 4 volunteer hours per week at their home rink. (Jr. Skate Guards will be scheduled for times and day(s) that does not interfere with school.)
• Parents must sign required liability/medical treatment paperwork.
• Jr. Skate Guards must always obey the rules of the rink, while setting a good example for others to follow.
• Jr. Skate Guards must always treat On Ice employees and customers in a friendly, respectful manner.
• Jr. Skate Guards will be part of the On Ice team.
• They will receive an official Jr. Skate Guard jacket and badge.
• They will learn skills needed to become a real Skate Guard when they reach the appropriate age.
• When applying in the future for a Skate Guard position, those who have participated in the program will received extra consideration.
• Jr. Skate Guards may skate free as long as they are part of the program.
Try outs for the program will be held Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 10:00am.
Must have completed application and signed liability form to try out.
Forms will be available at the rink during operating hours on 11/19.
707.253.1324 for more information.